Masco Corporation Maintenance Helper in Fife, Washington
Milgard Windows and Doors is GROWING and lots of work is available! Our award-winning windows are used by Home Builders and sold at large window retailers like Home Depot and Lowe's. Join us and be a part of a team that helps make BEAUTIFUL windows that will be the pride of someone's home!
An employee of the Maintenance Department performs work activities in relation to the maintenance and repair of plant equipment and buildings. This position also performs a variety of maintenance assignments and requires seasonal availability for a seven day workweek (8-12 hours per day) and ability to work any shift.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment
• Maintain required equipment logs
• Responsible for planning work time to meet all needs of the plant.
• Ability to work in adverse conditions safely.
• Must be able to work any required schedule.
• Provide routine preventative maintenance.
• Modify existing equipment for new uses.
• Fabricate new equipment.
• Work with Production personnel to maintain and improve quality.
• Incorporate Milgard's vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guide and motivate others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
• Adhere to all facets of safety policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
• Three to five years of maintenance experience or equivalent.
• Certification from college or technical school preferred.
• Demonstrable experience may be accepted in lieu of credentials.
• Working knowledge of electrical, electronic controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, cutting, welding, fabrication, and tooling.
• Must be able to read and follow blueprints and schematics.
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment in all of the aforementioned areas.
• Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently.
• Computer literacy with ability to learn new computer software programs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Milgard Manufacturing Incorporated
Shift 1 (United States of America)
Full or Part Time
Masco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-VerifyParticipationPoster_ES.pdf
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English at https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-VerifyNativeDocuments/RighttoWorkPosterEnglish.pdf , Spanish at https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-VerifyNativeDocuments/RighttoWorkPosterSpanish.pdf
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Masco Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr® paint; Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets; Milgard® windows and doors; Kichler® decorative and outdoor lighting and HotSpring® spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders.
Masco embraces its responsibility to the communities where we live, work and do business, and we are confident that our actions are making an important difference from coast to coast. We maintain partnerships with a wide range of organizations, including Habitat for Humanity, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, City of Hope, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, World Vision, United Way and countless other nonprofits both big and small.