Masco Corporation Corporate Paralegal – M&A/Commercial in Livonia, Michigan
Masco Corporation (NYSE:MAS) is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of brand-name products for the home improvement and building product markets. Our home products include faucets, kitchen and bath cabinets, paints and stains, bath and shower units, spas, showering and plumbing specialties, windows, decorative hardware and decorative lighting products. We have market leading brands in architectural coatings (Behr®, KILZ®), windows (Milgard®, Griffin®, Premier®), plumbing (Delta®, Hansgrohe®, Axor®, Brizo®, Bristan®, BrassCraft®, Cobra®), cabinetry (KraftMaid®, Merillat®, Quality®, Cardell®), bathing (Delta®, Peerless®, Mirolin®, Huppe®), home hardware and other specialty products (Hot Springs Spas®, Brainerd®, Liberty Hardware®) and decorative lighting (Kichler®). For more information on the Masco family of brands, visit www.masco.com.
Masco’s legal team is looking for an experienced M&A, corporate and commercial paralegal to support legal department attorneys and the corporate development function in connection with acquisitions and divestitures by Masco and its business units. You would also support attorneys providing general commercial legal advice to the Masco business units. We work in a team-oriented environment where excellence in performance and commitment is rewarded.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Support M&A transaction activities, including coordination of due diligence reports and data room preparation.
• Work with legal department personnel and other corporate functional areas on deal execution.
• Assist in the preparation of corporate documents, such as resolutions, ancillary documents and closing certificates.
• Assist on general commercial and contract matters.
• Prepare and maintain working group lists for M&A deals.
• Coordinate data collection for antitrust filings.
• Order status reports, good standing certifications and charter documents.
• Order lien searches, review and prepare summaries.
• Prepare and file UCC statements, amendments and termination statements.
• Maintain transaction library of completed transaction documentation and precedent documents.
• Redact documents.
Experience and Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree
• Minimum 10 years of paralegal experience in Corporate/M&A transactional work at a law firm or corporate legal department.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Work with the highest level of ethics, integrity and confidentiality.
• Espouse our values of customer-focus, respect for the individual, continuous improvement, drive for results and high-performance teams.
• Proven ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
• Ability to work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently on a team of professionals with business clients, other legal department members and third party support, including sophisticated outside counsel.
• Ability to perform in a proactive, responsive continuous improvement mindset.
Masco is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a culture that supports our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Full or Part Time
Masco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-VerifyParticipationPoster_ES.pdf
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English at https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-VerifyNativeDocuments/RighttoWorkPosterEnglish.pdf , Spanish at https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-VerifyNativeDocuments/RighttoWorkPosterSpanish.pdf
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Masco Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr® paint; Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets; Milgard® windows and doors; Kichler® decorative and outdoor lighting and HotSpring® spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders.
Masco embraces its responsibility to the communities where we live, work and do business, and we are confident that our actions are making an important difference from coast to coast. We maintain partnerships with a wide range of organizations, including Habitat for Humanity, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, City of Hope, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, World Vision, United Way and countless other nonprofits both big and small.