Masco Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Temecula, California
Manufacturing Eng. for Milgard Windows and Doors
As part of Milgard’s Continuous Improvement Cultural Initiative, we are in need of a strong Manufacturing Engineer in our Temecula, California manufacturing facility. This 400+ employee facility manufactures vinyl window products – presenting many complex and interesting engineering dynamics and scenarios to focus on!
We are desirous of an individual who has:
· Relevant experience as a manufacturing engineering in a busy, complex manufacturing environment.
· Lean Manufacturing and TPM experience (Total Productive Maintenance)
· Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing or Industrial engineering.
· Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present to middle management.
· Attention to detail with strong organizational skills and project management experience.
· Excellent customer service skills.
Some of the key activities and responsibilities of this position will be:
· Conduct manufacturing engineering assignments to develop and document new methods, work process designs, cost estimates and to resolve engineering problems involved in the manufacturing of current and future products.
· Observe manufacturing operations through a series of detailed steps or processes, collect, correlate data and implement process improvements
· Determine appropriate manufacturing processes for new products, with a focus towards identifying ways to take costs out of the product and process.
· Work with our equipment suppliers to define appropriate equipment requirements and performance standards for current and future products.
· Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
· Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
· Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
At Milgard Windows & Doors, we’re committed to Respect for the Individual, delivering outstanding Service to our Customers, and pursuing Excellence in all we do. These foundational principles have kept us growing since our founding in the 1960s. In 2001 Milgard was proud to join the Masco family of companies, joining such prestigious brands as Delta Faucet and Behr Paints. We want to grow talent from within and will provide opportunities for your own personal development and career growth, based on your individual contributions and results.
Milgard Manufacturing Incorporated
Full or Part Time
Masco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-VerifyParticipationPoster_ES.pdf
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English at https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-VerifyNativeDocuments/RighttoWorkPosterEnglish.pdf , Spanish at https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-VerifyNativeDocuments/RighttoWorkPosterSpanish.pdf
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Masco Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr® paint; Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets; Milgard® windows and doors; Kichler® decorative and outdoor lighting and HotSpring® spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders.
Masco embraces its responsibility to the communities where we live, work and do business, and we are confident that our actions are making an important difference from coast to coast. We maintain partnerships with a wide range of organizations, including Habitat for Humanity, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, City of Hope, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, World Vision, United Way and countless other nonprofits both big and small.